Congratulations Sandra Moscoso, OpenGov champion!
The Sunlight Foundation has named Greater Greater Education contributor Sandra Moscoso as an "OpenGov Champion" for her efforts to get more open education data in DC for parents and policymakers. Sandra also talks about her quest to ensure funding for school librarians and the effect librarians have on children, which she has blogged about here.
- We have good data about DC's low graduation rate, but little idea how to increase it
- Parents need more than numbers to rank school choices
- Why we opted out of public school (for now)
- Wondering why a preschooler would ever need to be suspended? Here's an explanation.
- No more teaching to the test: Some DC teachers adopt a technique that gets students to think deeply
- Bowser remains vague on education plans, but clearly hopes Henderson will stay
- School quality is the issue, says Catania. But his platform may not improve it.